About the job:
We are looking for experienced Mid-level to Senior Fullstack Developers who can assist in developing, testing, maintaining, and improving our system whilst mentoring our junior team of developers. The role will be based in London where we are building out the HQ office.
About the company
- Judge.me is a global e-commerce app company. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and growing fast.
- Our flagship app, Judge.me Product Reviews, is ranked first in Shopify's app store, with over 10,000 five-star reviews
- We've grown rapidly since our founding purely by word of mouth. We've never invested in any paid marketing.
- Our team of more than 50 is international, diverse, and spread across London Uk (our headquarters); Saigon, Vietnam; Casablanca, Morocco; and Lima, Peru.
- We make a global impact, with over 180K shops actively using our software in more than 140 countries. We fulfill over 40 million orders every month and generate over 1 million verified buyer reviews per month.
- Assist in designing, developing, testing, maintaining, and improving the system.
- Participate in product planning management discussions for better understanding of the company's products.
- Being user-oriented when delivering features and developer-oriented when delivering codes.
- Reviewing the code of others to identify potential inefficient codes.
- Self-management and delivery of features without hand-holding.
- Training, mentoring, and managing our junior developers.
- 3 to 5+ years experience. Any programming languages.
- Good problem-solving skills with an understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Security and performance awareness.
- Familiarity with coding standards and best practices.
- Self-management and self-motivation.
- Great English, both verbal and written.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience with production troubleshooting, monitoring systems, and managing large production infrastructure.
- Experience with Linux, command line, scripting (Bash, Python)
- Experience with our tech stack:
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- AWS services, e.g. EC2, EB, ES, S3
- MongoDB, Redis
- NodeJS, PHP, Python, Bash
- Git, GitHub, GitHub flow
- NewRelic, Kibana, Cloudwatch
- CircleCI, GitHub Action
- Familiarity with cutting-edge technologies, big data, or artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Have an investment mentality, and want to build for the long term
Why it's awesome to work with us:
- We're a diverse, international, and close-knit team that is growing rapidly.
- We make products that our customers love.
- We champion an open culture of continuous improvement, where everyone is heard and criticism is always constructive.
- Our hours are flexible. There's no overtime and no dress code. You can wear whatever you want (but wear something, of course).
- We offer great development and learning opportunities.
Challenging yet interesting problems we are trying to solve:
- Business: We deliver real business results to e-commerce businesses of all sizes, with our super affordable tool delivering great ROI to customers by improving trust, generating reviews which improve conversion rates on product pages, and generating follow-up sales directly.
- Performance: at our scale, with tens of millions of requests a day, a simple change makes a meaningful impact.
- Reliability: We serve over 150K shops, generate over 1 million verified buyer reviews monthly, in virtually all of the timezones, 24/7, all year around.
- Security: To verify the authenticity of reviews, we have access to orders with billions of USD in value every month. With great data, comes great security responsibility.
- Optional Hybrid Remote/Office working, you spend 2 days per week in the office.
- Company laptop.
- Private health package with Vitality.
- Employee discount: instant vouchers, cashback, reloadable cards, and the SmartSpending app.
- Employee Wellbeing Centre: exercise videos, recipes & nutrition, financial guides, and tools, and mindfulness videos.
- 30 days leave including bank holidays; you accrue 2.5 annual leave days per month.
- Weekly team lunches out, on us.
- Quarterly team events.
- Competitive salary: £45-90K
- Office in London, UK
- Located in Old Street in the heart of Shoreditch, easily accessible, with excellent transport links.
- Our team: https://judge.me/team
To apply or if you have additional questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying