We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers to join our technical team to help manage, monitor, maintain and scale our systems reliably, securely and efficiently.
About the company
- Judge.me is a bootstrapped, profitable and fast growing SaaS company.
- We build our own products that customers love, best known with Shopify’s top app Judge.me Product Reviews app with over 4000 five star app reviews and in active use by nearly 100.000 ecommerce merchants.
- We are a growth miracle, growing organically and consistently doubling annually, even amid the turbulent year 2020, just by word of mouth with zero paid marketing.
- Our team of 26 strong is very international, well diversified, located in 5 countries around the world.
- We’ve made a worldwide impact, nearly 100.000 customer shops in 140+ countries, who altogether fulfill over 14 million orders every MONTH for which we generate over 1 million reviews per month.
- Saigon, Vietnam
- Private studio office at QSpace
- Top of market: $2500 - $3800
Requirements / Skills
- Good problem solving skills with understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with our tech stack:
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- AWS services, e.g. EC2, EB, ES, S3
- Security and performance awareness
- Experience with production troubleshooting, monitoring system, managing production infrastructure
- Experience with Linux, command line, scripting (Bash, Python)
- 2+ years experience. Mid senior to senior.
- Self-management and self-motivation
- Great English, both verbal (meetings, social) and written (Slack, GitHub)
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with coding standards and best practices
- Familiarity with more tech stack:
- MongoDB, Redis
- NodeJS, PHP, Python, Bash
- Git, GitHub, GitHub flow
- Familiarity with cutting-edge technologies, big data, or artificial intelligence algorithms
- Have an investment mentality, and want to build for the long term
- Monitor system metrics, manage production infrastructure, keep a watchful eye on its capacity and performance
- Participate in capacity and architecture planning
- Identify performance bottlenecks, anticipate and prevent potential system degrades or failures
- Take on-call requests, practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Review code of each other to identify potential inefficient code
- Optimize processes by automating repetitive tasks
- Participate in product discussions for better understanding of the products and capacity planning
- Occasionally assist in developing, testing, maintaining and improving the products
Why it would be awesome to work with us
- We are a bootstrapped, profitable and growing SaaS company. We build our own products that customers love.
- Our team is small and growing steadily, your work will have significant impacts and be appreciated by customers and team members.
- We are diversified and international, with team members from all around the globe.
- Flexible work hours - within reason. No overtime. No dress code, wear whatever you want (but wear something of course).
- Open work environment. Ideas and feedbacks are encouraged and appreciated. Criticism is blameless and constructive. We want ourselves to improve after all.
- Healthy codebase and architecture. Few WTF moments when onboarding.
- Thorough and constructive code review. We will push ourselves toward and learn to write better code together.
Challenging yet interesting problems we are trying to solve
- Business: We deliver real business results to ecommerce businesses of all sizes, with our super affordable tool delivering great ROI to customers by improving trust, generating reviews which improve conversion rates on product pages, and generating follow-up sales directly.
- Performance: at our scale with tens of millions of requests a day, albeit not as much as Google’s or Facebook’s, a simple change can make considerable impacts.
- Reliability: We serve nearly 100K shops, 100M reviewers, in virtually all of the timezones, 24/7, all year around, with zero windows for a break.
- Security: To verify the authenticity of reviews, we access to orders with billions of USD in value every month. With great data, comes great security responsibility.
- 💰Base salary matching the best startups in Saigon
- 💪Premium medical insurance
- 🗽Flexible working hours (within reason)
- 🏖Flexible leave days. 2.5 leave days per month (including official holidays)
- 🍱Fancy lunch every week
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying