About the job:
We are looking for a talented UX Writer to help us develop clear and compelling messaging across Judge.me's suite of products. You will be part of the product design team and work with product owners, designers, engineers, and management to create a seamless experience that our users love.
About the company:
- Judge.me is a global e-commerce app company. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and growing fast.
- Our flagship app, Judge.me Product Reviews, is ranked first in Shopify's app store, with over 10,000 five-star reviews
- We've grown rapidly since our founding purely by word of mouth. We've never invested in any paid marketing.
- Our team of more than 50 is international, diverse, and spread across London Uk (our headquarters); Saigon, Vietnam; Casablanca, Morocco; and Lima, Peru.
- We make a global impact, with over 180K shops actively using our software in more than 140 countries. We fulfill over 40 million orders every month and generate over 1 million verified buyer reviews per month.
- Excellent writing skills. The ability to write clear, error-free, and engaging content that inspires users to take action.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to ensuring that all product copy is right for the context and consistent with our brand.
- A business mindset. The capacity to grasp the underlying business purpose of each product, and reflect that in writing.
- Passion for UX. Expertise in UX writing best practices, and a willingness to champion the user and educate other team members about UX and how to write more effectively.
- Initiative. The ability to work autonomously, anticipate and solve problems.
- A strong writing background. Versatility and the ability to adapt to write in different ways and different contexts. Do share your portfolio showcasing your best work, especially for content created for digital products.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous product writing experience.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design, usability, wireframing, and interfaces.
- Native English language skills and be well-versed in the differences between British and American English.
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team, with other UX/UI designers, product owners, engineers, and marketers.
- Complementary skillsets, such as SEO knowledge, an understanding of behavioral psychology and decision-making, go-to-market understanding, data analysis skills, and some knowledge of statistics.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce, as well as in the review apps space.
- Familiarity with our tools: Asana, Figma, Google Analytics + Tag Manager + Data Studio, Metabase, Google suite, Hotjar.
- An investment mentality, and a desire to build for the long term.
- UX Writing: Own the UX writing vision, best practices, and execution at Judge.me.
- Write, edit and improve the content that makes our products and features easier to understand and use. This includes product flows, app interface content, product education materials, product names, terminology, marketing materials, and other content.
- Turn big ideas and complex processes into simple and engaging humanized language.
- Ensure our products convey the right tone across the entire user journey.
- Define and maintain writing guidelines, and work towards ensuring they are being followed effectively across different teams.
- Content design: Collaborate with team members to solve design challenges and create user-centric products and experiences.
- Contribute to overall product ideation and design based on feedback and requirements from users and other stakeholders.
- Work with the team in the design to flesh out and draft clear design specifications for developers to implement.
- Research and analytics: Validate your approach to content with data.
- Experiment with A/B or multi-variant testing and interpret data to understand how effectively your content performs.
- Keep up with current trends. Conduct market research and competitor analysis about how others are designing and pitching similar products.
Why it's awesome to work with us:
- We're a diverse, international, and close-knit team that is growing rapidly.
- We make products that our customers love.
- We champion an open culture of continuous improvement, where everyone is heard and criticism is always constructive.
- Our hours are flexible. There's no overtime and no dress code. You can wear whatever you want (but wear something, of course).
- We offer great development and learning opportunities.
- Optional Hybrid Remote/Office working, you spend 2 days per week in the office.
- Company laptop.
- Private health package with Vitality.
- Employee discount: instant vouchers, cashback, reloadable cards, and the SmartSpending app.
- Employee Wellbeing Centre: exercise videos, recipes & nutrition, financial guides, and tools, and mindfulness videos.
- 30 days leave including bank holidays; you accrue 2.5 annual leave days per month.
- Weekly team lunches out, on us.
- Quarterly team events.
How to apply:
We prefer candidates that send us a cover letter with some information about why they are interested in this position.
- Salary range: £30-45k
- Office in London, UK
- Located in Old Street in the heart of Shoreditch, easily accessible, with excellent transport links.
- Our team: https://judge.me/team
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying